Monday, May 2, 2011

April's Reading Round-up - Books For Me

My blog posting suffered during April due to the INSANE amount of books I read. My duties as a Round 1 judge for the YA Bloggers Best Overlooked Book Battle are at an end, and my Top Ten has been submitted. It was hard to choose. (There were some books from the Book Battle reading list that I have already read, so I didn't re-read them.) In a few days I'll be able to share which books I chose for my top ten.
I also (yes, I'm crazy) read some other books while I was waiting for Battle books to become available. I think I might be forgetting a couple of books, but since my head feels like it's about to explode, I'll quit here.
  1. Kiki Strike: Inside the Shadow City - Kristen Miller
  2. She Smells the Dead - E.J. Stevens
  3. Nomansland - Lesley Hauge
  4. Hold Me Closer, Necromancer - Lish MacBride
  5. Academy 7 - Anne Osterlund
  6. Threads and Flames - Esther M. Friesner (Young Adult)
  7. The Thin Executioner - Darren Shan (Young Adult)
  8. By the Time You Read This, I'll Be Dead - Julie Anne Peters (Young Adult)
  9. Stolen - Lucy Christopher (Young Adult)
  10. Little Blog on the Prairie - Catherine Davitt Bell (Middle Grade/Young Adult)
  11. The Actor and the Housewife - Shannon Hale (Adult Fiction)
  12. StarCrossed - Elizabeth C. Bunce (Young Adult)
  13. The Mockingbirds - Daisy Whitney (Young Adult)
  14. Women in the Material World - Faith D'Aluisio (Non-fiction)
  15. She's So Money - Cherry Cheva (Young Adult)
  16. The Strange Case of Origami Yoda - Tom Angleberger (Middle Grade)
  17. The Grimm Legacy - Polly Shulman (Young Adult)
  18. Some Girls Are - Courtney Summers (Young Adult)
  19. 13 Little Blue Envelopes - Maureen Johnson (Young Adult)
  20. Adios, Nirvana - Conrad Wesselhoeft (Young Adult)
  21. The Cry of the Icemark - Stuart Hill
  22. The Summer I Turned Pretty - Jenny Han (Young Adult)
  23. A Little Wanting Song - Cath Crowley (Young Adult)
  24. The Sky Is Everywhere - Jandy Nelson (Young Adult)
  25. Stork - Wendy Delsol (Young Adult)
  26. Compromised - Heidi Ayarbe (Young Adult)
  27. The 10 p.m. Question - Kate De Goldi (Young Adult)
  28. Perfect Chemistry - Simone Elkeles (Young Adult)
  29. Eon - Alison Goodman (Young Adult)
  30. Birthmarked - Caragh M. O'Brien (Young Adult)
  31. Whale Talk - Chris Crutcher (Young Adult)
  32. Out of My Mind - Sharon M. Draper (Middle Grade)
  33. Stravaganza: City of Masks - Mary Hoffman (Young Adult)
  34. Hate List - Jennifer Brown (Young Adult)
  35. Bloody Jack - L.A. Meyer (Young Adult)
  36. Harmonic Feedback - Tara Kelly (Young Adult)
  37. Dreamhunter - Elizabeth Knox (Young Adult)
  38. High Heat - Karl Deuker (Young Adult)
  39. The Last Knight - Hilari Bell (Young Adult)
  40. Fat Cat - Robin Brande (Young Adult)
  41. Heist Society - Ally Carter (Young Adult)
  42. The Magic of Ordinary Days - Ann Howard Creel (Adult Fiction)
  43. The Last Apprentice: Revenge of the Witch - Joseph Delaney

9 comments:

  1. Wow, that is a lot of reading. That’s more than I read in a year. I’m looking forward to seeing your Top Ten list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy bookload, Batman! Did you just pour a box of dry cereal on the kitchen table and leave a large bowl of water for the children? ;O) Just kidding! My, that is a lot of reading and I am very curious about some of the titles, so I have to go to amazon.com right now and check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness that's one big pile of books! How do you keep them all straight? A few of them are on my list and some are new to me. I better get cracking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bigfoot - I'll post the Top Ten as soon as I get the go-ahead from Alyssa at The Shady Glade.

    Kathy - There could have been some of that that went on. Meals were sure simple affairs this month. I actually did leave out a lot of easy, healthy snacks so that my food prep and serving distractions were minimized. Crazy, crazy.

    Catherine/Cath (Which do you prefer?) - I kept brief notes on the books I read, just in case. I had a system of special marks to signify books on order from the library, books I read, books not available at the library, etc. And I'd give an intitial rating to the book right after I read it. My book list is an organized mess of black marks all over. That was actually the easy part. The hard part was the gulping of books, when there were some I would have rather savored a little more. (Others I couldn't wait to be done with.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!!!!!!!!!! That's a whole lot o' reading!! Are you completely burned out now?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought I would be more burned out, but I find myself eagerly picking up books anyway, happy to be back to reading books of my own choosing, at my normal pace.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, I guess I'd probably feel the same way, too. I DO feel that way when I finish a challenge of some sort.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking at the titles, I'd say that they fit the category of overlooked books quite well! I recognize a few, but very few.

    ReplyDelete
  9. FREAKY! That is insane. Wow. Way to go. I need to know what you thought of a bunch of those. Reviews to come?

    ReplyDelete